Requisition ID: 29830
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
We are seeking a Tax Professional to join the state tax planning team. This professional will have several key responsibilities including: (1) calculation and analysis of state apportionment factors for tax provision, tax forecasts and state income tax return filings, (2) determination of drivers of apportionment changes through data analytics, (3) working closely with Information Management to continue to streamline processes related to the state apportionment process, (4) proactively researching laws, regulations, administrative rulings and court cases and presenting proposals to ensure compliance with state tax laws, (5) prepare complex state tax returns and (6) support for state audit and various transactions. This position will help ensure that NextEra Energy, Inc. remains “Best in Class” with regard to the quality and efficiency of our state tax planning and compliance processes.
Sr Tax Analyst – Duties may include:
• Manage state apportionment process and system including regular maintenance and continuous improvements
• Compute apportionment regularly and analyze drivers for tax provision, forecast, and returns
• Review and analyze state legislation and business events to determine the impacts on apportionment
• Review of state income tax return filings
• Conduct technical research and prepare technical memorandums
• Focus on tax planning and special projects (including system maintenance and/or development)
• Researching and drafting responses to inquiries from government agencies regarding tax filings, compliance, and other claims
• Extended Hours may be necessary
This job is responsible for the more complex projects associated with the maintenance of tax records and the preparation of all or specifically assigned tax returns, complex separate company corporate income tax and partnership tax returns and consolidated tax returns and related reports. Employees in this role may provide functional advice or training to less-experienced tax accountants.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists in developing tax structures and strategies that defer, minimize, or eliminate foreign and U.S. taxes on existing and prospective company investments
• Monitors all tax compliance activities and exposures, including tax return preparation and reporting, and the status of local audits and dispute resolution proceedings
• Conducts financial and economic analyses
• Develops and prepares the organization's financial plans and budgets, and interpreting financial reports and tax returns
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance
• Experience: 5+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Master's - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.