This role will be part of the Field Training group for Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company with a focus on Overhead (OH) Lines, Electric Maintenance (EM) and/or Underground (UG) training support.
The Senior Training Specialist is a content expert and/or training process expert who develops and delivers training that integrates business processes with skills and knowledge required for employees to safely and effectively perform job duties. Provides coaching and guidance to Training Specialist and Associate Specialist, as well SME Adjunct Instructors. The Senior Training Specialist, in a craft delivery position, partners with Engineering and Methods organizations to research and develop standards, procedures and processes for the business.
* Deliver Technical Training content required for new hire and incumbent employees to perform job duties safely and in accordance with Delivery procedures and fundamentals.
* Design, develop and maintain complex technical training materials utilizing the systematic approach to training from the analysis phase through evaluation
* Partner with the Line Curriculum Review Committees and Joint Union Management Training committees to determine the technical requirements and priorities for training programs.
* Collaborates with Line and Training contacts to develop innovative and effective performance improvement solutions.
* Evaluate training effectiveness through appropriate student evaluation and post training effectiveness evaluations making modifications to the program design to increase program efficiency. Utilize the Learning Management System and perception to document training activities.,
* Manage large-scale training projects.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
Bachelor's degree in Business or related AND 5 - 8 years related business experience, or in lieu of Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 9 - 12 years relevant business experience is required.
Demonstrated written, verbal communications and presentation skills
Strong observation, evaluation, coaching and feedback skills
Computer skills in Windows and business applications.
Completed an apprentice program in respective field.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers