Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Accountable for the overall success of assigned programs. Develop and execute long term vision and strategy for assigned DSM, DR, renewable energy, rate and/or other services portfolio. Identify and evaluate technology, customer, trade, and regulatory trends in support of strategy. Effectively communicate strategy internally and externally as appropriate to align stakeholders to common goals.Responsible for daily management and business results for assigned strategic segment as well as product and system strategies. Manage all aspects of the assigned segment’s long term strategy, marketing mix, communications, training, technical assumptions, net benefit assessments, and engineering needs across multiple jurisdictions. Drive effectiveness of strategy, product delivery, and customer satisfaction. Has supervisory responsibility for cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, marketing assistants, and/or channel managers.Essential Responsibilities
- Responsible for strategic segment’s long term vision and strategy to meet annual and future goals. Work with team and peers to establish strategy and refresh on regular basis incorporating changing market and technology trends.
- Implement all aspects of segment’s mix including: pricing, sales channels, communications, training, technical assumptions, net benefit assessments, and engineering needs across multiple jurisdictions.
- Direct supervisory responsibility for a team of product managers, engineers, marketing assistants, and/or channel managers that includes strategic alignment, daily work direction, exception management, goal setting, performance management, including the ability to hire and fire, and employee development.
- Champion product changes and enhancements via Quick to Market and Product Development processes. Ensure product changes are aligned with long term strategy.
- Manage budgets, sales forecasts, DSM/DR/customer and profitability goals. Track the progress of each portfolio and product against targets. Accountability to product P&L. Responsible for ensuring programs are implemented within regulatory policies and requirements specific for each state.
- College degree required (business, marketing, or engineering field preferred).
- 7 years of experience in marketing, product management, product development, or engineering required.
- 2 years of progressive team and peer leadership with excellent communication skills and proven results.
- 2 years’ experience with regulatory requirements and programs in the assigned portfolio area is mandatory.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 51505:Director DSM and Renew Ops || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17295
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org