Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategy & Performance Analyst or Consultant to support our security organization! This successful candidate will support strategic planning initiatives, security education programs, training, and special projects. They will also support and coordinate the delivery of strategy and planning special projects in alignment of business area activities, enterprise initiatives and objectives. In addition, they will provide analytical support in the development and delivery of impactful metrics and other analytics. Based on the level of the successful candidate, we are hiring at either an Analyst or Consultant level.
- Functional or Departmental Support: Prepares presentations and compiles department or function wide information, such presentations for leadership meetings and compiling weekly reports. Supports leaders by compiling, analyzing, and interpreting data and other information used in conjunction with decision making for strategy development and planning.
- Communication: Prepares effective strategic communications around all program activities. Determines which communication strategy or method will most successfully communicate different types of information based on corporate guidelines and geared to the intended audience. Partners with the team, business area leaders, and Corporate Communications to ensure successful communication strategy implementation.
- Help lead special projects: Assist in supporting project planning, such as Knowledge Fairs, Escape Rooms, etc. Taking the lead to plan original ideas for events and research venues, contacts and suppliers. Track and report project deliverables, and documentation to support key initiatives. Provides technical expertise and analytical guidance. May participate on cross-functional teams or projects for business area or companywide initiatives.
- Analytics/Metrics/Reporting: For the Consultant level, utilizes business area systems and data to deliver impactful metrics and other analytics and/or automated solutions. Analyze data and prepares reports that illustrate progress of plans against business results. Responds to requests for ad hoc analysis by leveraging data and information to independently create requested metrics and reports. Manages to the established reporting deadlines.
- Analysis: Supports the business area process by partnering with Security Operations leadership team in preparing, developing, analyzing, implementing security initiatives. Works in liaison with business area leaders to review budget estimates, variances, and suggesting changes as appropriate. Outlines the budget process and provides or creates templates that will be used during the cycle. Reports performance against budget on a periodic or ongoing basis.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two years related experience. For the Consultant level, 5 years of related experience is required.
- Has basic knowledge of strategic planning, business management, and social media.
- Basic knowledge of strategy and with business and operational performance measures and meeting financial objectives (Consultant level)
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills. Strong technical background in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, FrontPage).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to effectively use a variety of communication methods such as through print, presentations, and websites.
- Experience with event planning.
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills, capable of working with teams.
- For the Consultant level: previous experience with data analytics and metrics reporting is strongly preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 70060:Enterprise Security Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16832
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com