Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire
Do you want to put your skills and experience to good use supporting one of the fastest-growing parts of the energy business? Are you interested in being a key part of the utility industry’s new, competitive landscape? If you’re interested in working for a trustworthy company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety, consider a position on Xcel Energy’s transmission team.
Responsible for analyzing and implementing process improvements to optimize business area assets. Coordinates and manages business area performance reporting to advance employee understanding of business area and corporate priorities. Supports the development and implementation of business area strategic plans. Effectively manages and disseminates organizational information to enhance employee engagement. This position can be located out of Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Responsibilities
- Analyzes business area processes to identify opportunities for improvement. Leverages organizational synergies and identifies opportunities to optimize business area assets. Provides specific process improvement recommendations to increase productivity and performance. Leads cross functional teams to manage process improvement projects to successful implementation by: articulating key business issues, clarifying project objectives and linking to key business objectives and the company's overall strategic direction, understanding market and internal needs, organizational capabilities and technology, performing gap analysis and preparing business case for change, defining process requirements and key performance measures and measuring results
- Manages monthly monitoring of business area scorecard. Validates data and reports results to internal stakeholder groups. Researches, analyzes and prepares information for quarterly business area results presentations, annual year-end report to the board of directors, monthly board letters and weekly business area report.
- Supports the development and implementation of the short-term and long-term strategic plan for the business area. Develops and implements tactics in support of key strategic initiatives.
- Develops and drives communications plans and campaigns to effectively reach business area employees. Campaigns to include communications concerning strategic direction, performance management, core strategic priorities and progress updates for business area organization to optimize business area performance. Manages business area communications channels including XpressNet and SharePoint. Serves as business area liaison to Corporate Communications.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, communications or related discipline or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- 8 years experience in related business discipline
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement and/or strategic planning
- Understands customer service and organizational information needs
- Effective analytical and written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Preferred experience in the energy industry.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Operations || 41890:Transm Bus Ops-XS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16967
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org