DescriptionJob Requisition:Substation Project EngineerJob Description:
We are seeking a Substation Project Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Commercial Energy Solutions organization; specifically our Power Delivery Services (PDS) division: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging substation engineering problems for our utility clients Nation-wide.
In this role the qualified individual will be expected to:
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
• 4-8 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a B.S. degree
• 2-6 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a M.S. degree
• Prior experience performing QC reviews and staff training/mentorship
• Experience with serving as firm-client liaison in a support and lead engineering role
• Must demonstrate advocacy of Quality Assurance and Control in the field of substation engineering
• Comprehensive understanding of the utility grid (power generation, transmission and distribution) system and the theories and principles involved in substation engineering
• Comprehensive understanding of industry standards (including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE/ANSI) and their application to projects
• Competence in researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
• Understand the “big picture” approach as well as the importance of “Attention To Details”
• Ability to meet deadlines under high pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment with an ability to deal with and lead a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• High level of computer competency
• Proficiency with using MS Office applications
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
• Experience with substation physical and protection and control design
• Experience with engineering programs and software (including SKM, ASPEN, ETAP, CDEGS or vendor software)
• Construction support experience
• Active membership in national engineering societies and work-groups (IEEE, PES, etc.)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.