Ameren Missouri has been providing electric and gas service for more than 100 years, and the company's electric rates are among the lowest in the nation. Ameren Missouri's mission is to power the quality of life for its 1.2 million electric and 127,000 natural gas customers in central and eastern Missouri. The company's service area covers 64 counties and more than 500 communities including the greater St. Louis area. For more information, visit AmerenMissouri.com or follow Ameren Missouri on Facebook or Twitter.
About The Position
The Supervising Engineer is responsible for the successful development, engineering, and project controls support of projects within Customer Operations. The position is based at the Development Resource Center (DRC) and has primary responsibility for supporting Substation, Overhead, and Underground projects.
Key responsibilities include:
· Lead a team of engineers in the materials management process for substation, overhead, and underground projects, including developing forecasts, procuring, and managing of stock items, engineered materials, and equipment.
· Lead engineers in the project supply chain management strategy for initiating all capital material requisitions; tracking, managing, and ensuring acceptance of POs; and performing invoice payment analysis.
· Ensure engineers are coordinating material delivery, inspection, and quality checks; and identifying material shortages or damages; and communicating any issues to key stakeholders (e.g., project managers, project controls, project engineers, etc.).
· Ensure that Customer Operations project management needs are identified early-on and technology selections and project controls approaches result in implementation of the greatest value added solutions.
· Assure that project scopes, costs and schedules are predictable, accurate, tracked and reported. Identify and implement improvement opportunities to increase project controls accuracy.
· Ensure that the projects follow all applicable policies and procedures.
Bachelor or Masters of Science Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university required. P.E. license required. Project Management Professional certification preferred. Five or more years of relevant project management, project engineering, materials management, or project controls experience required. Electrical experience (e.g., substation, overhead, underground) preferred. Ten or more years of relevant experience preferred. Team leadership or supervisory experience preferred. Knowledge and experience with engineering and project management processes and tools required.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Directs and develops project support personnel to accomplish desired objectives. Demonstrates proficient business skills in project planning, cost management, procurement practices, and negotiation. Performs or directs effective problem analysis with sound solutions. Builds an effective team and collaborative culture to achieve desired results. Shows decisive and professional judgment. Communicates effectively at all levels. Implements high expectations for project success and recommends process improvements. Manages multiple tasks effectively.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.