About The Position
The Supervisor, Data Engineering leads data ingest, transformation, storage, and delivery functions at Ameren. This position will establish best practices for ETL development to ensure that Ameren's data is appropriately captured, cleansed, enriched, and delivered in a manner to maximize the time-to-insight for the enterprise as we migrate to a cloud architecture. A successful candidate will enthusiastically lead a team of in-house and remote developers and engage with a variety of business and technical leaders to ensure that solutions are aligned to business objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
• Direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution, professional growth, and their ability to partner with colleagues as a team.
• Establish ETL development patterns and practices to deliver and monitor accuracy, quality, and consistency of data solutions.
• Collaborate with data architecture, BI, and data consumers to ensure data models and structures are translated into ready-for-consumption structures/formats.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree and/or Certifications in the data management-related field preferred.
• Eight or more years of professional data engineering experience with a progressive track record of accomplishment in the data engineering domain required.
o Data analysis and preparation, including considerable experience with very large data sets of semi and unstructured data sets
o Building solutions leveraging both on premise and cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
• Prior supervisory/high level project/team leadership experience required.
• Mastery of SQL scripting required
• Informatica experience required
• Strong experience leveraging Amazon Web Services (S3, Redshift, etc…) to deliver data insights
• Strong experience in database development & data modeling
• Working experience of R, Python and Java preferred
• Working experience with Business Intelligence tools (OBIEE, PowerBI)
• Solid business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Demonstrated leadership and partnering skills, plus excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical partners (including senior leadership) with focus on informing, influencing and relationship building. The candidate should have successfully completed multiple projects or assignments in the data domain at large organizations or Fortune 500 companies. Must be skilled at setting strategies, and developing and executing plans around the strategies. Must be a motivated, engaged, and organized self-starter with strong business knowledge and technical skills. Ability to exercise a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, accuracy, creativity, and initiative required. Strong verbal, presentation, and writing skills required. Effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills required.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.