LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more than 210,000 customers throughout a five county service territory located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled employees and are one of more than 750 electric distribution cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees do in the community along with other civic, environmental and professional honors.
We are searching for a Supervisor, I, II - Construction & Maintenance to join our Construction & Maintenance team located in Naples, Florida.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for supervising power distribution, transmission, electrical utility construction, and maintenance personnel, coordination of contractors working line maintenance, circuit maintenance, vegetation management, new electrical utility construction, and contract & budget administration. This position is also responsible for managing the logistical functions for the office operations and support of distribution and transmission electrical utility construction and field operations, which encompasses new electrical utility construction, infrastructure projects, system maintenance, tree trimming, and daily and seasonal restoration efforts. Emphasis will be focused on safety, customer service, quality and productivity for all work performed, as well as propose modifications to processes, systems, equipment and operations to improve safety, morale/employee job satisfaction, productivity, efficiency, customer satisfaction and quality.
- Perform managerial/supervisory duties and responsibilities in conformance with company expectations.
- Maintain a safe, productive work environment for the employees satisfying LCEC quality standards and policy.
- Time card reporting to insure accurate information is recorded for all pay codes, work requests, damage claims, and is consistent with bargaining unit contract and LCEC policy. Includes tracking of all pay code issues and attendance issues.
- Standby/Call out issues – prepare annual standby list; review standby list and make changes to insure coverage as necessary. Review daily incidents and insure that any follow up that is required is completed. Maintain call out issues log when BU personnel have an issue with the way the process worked.
- Outage Reviews – investigate and report on any incidents per the requirements of the outage review process. Make recommendations for corrective action to engineering, and make changes as recommended by the committee.
- Budgeting – participate in budget process, including explanations’ of variances; monitor tool and material expenses to make the most efficient use of these resources.
- Service Standards – monitor and manage SS to maintain goals.
- Participate in the development and facilitation of LCEC Apprentice Program; track and report on apprentice progress.
- Project management of assigned contracts for line work or vegetation management to insure contractual terms are met.
- Interpret and follow the bargaining unit contract in a manner that promotes an atmosphere of teamwork, respect for employees, fairness and positive morale.
- Review daily crew structure, calendar, and work assignments and adjust crew makeup to maintain crew productivity.
- Review problem jobs and resolve with lineman and/or engineering.
- Apply LCEC policy and procedures, and the bargaining unit contract with fairness and consistency.
- Participate in interview process for new hires.
- Ensure that LCEC policy for progressive discipline is carried out and documented.
- Participate in monthly safety and information meeting, including facilitating meetings as scheduled.
- Review work assigned to crews and adjusts crews as necessary to handle unplanned work.
- Complete annual performance evaluations.
- May supervise multiple employee classifications (i.e., exempt, nonexempt, and bargaining unit).
- Assist and back-up the Sr. Supervisor of Construction & Maintenance as needed.
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts.
Supervisor I (E7) Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical engineering, business administration, or related field and 2 years progressively responsible experience in a leadership role or equivalent work experience [8 years of experience in scheduling, electrical utility construction, and restoration of overhead and underground distribution lines and overhead transmission lines (with 2 years supervisory experience or progressively responsible experience in a leadership role)].
- Ability to perform administrative functions such as: budgeting, performance evaluation, and computer systems.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve customer issues, electrical utility construction problems, and employee issues.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of transmission distribution high-voltage line construction (technology, equipment, and methods), craft, client relations, engineering, cost control, schedules and safety required.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license (within 30 days of becoming a Florida resident).
- Must live within 60 minute commute from regular work site
- Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical engineering, business administration, or related field.
- Previous experience as a line foreman or area supervisor.
- Class A CDL license.
- Project/Work Group Coordination and/or Supervision.
Supervisor II (E8)
- Possess all requirements of a Supervisor I.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical engineering, business administration, or related field and 4 years progressively responsible experience in a leadership role or equivalent work experience [10 years of experience in scheduling, electrical utility construction, and restoration of overhead and underground distribution lines and overhead transmission lines (with 4 years supervisory experience or progressively responsible experience in a leadership role)].
- Proven ability to work in a fast pace and at times high-stress environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, including process improvement initiatives.
- Change management experience and orientation.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical engineering, business administration or related field.
- Previous experience as an electrical utility construction supervisor or project manager
- Project Coordination and/or Supervision Courses.
- TQM or process improvement skills or certification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical Demands: Must be able to perform the duties described above with only reasonable accommodation. Must be able to drive, sit for long periods of time, walk through local field conditions, and lift weights up to 50 lbs.
- Work Environment: Office environment and field work to direct, inspect, and evaluate crews and jobs as necessary. May require extended hours driving and negotiating rugged terrain. May required extended hours during restoration activities.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.