About The Position
The Supervisor, IT Project Delivery is responsible for defining and/or implementing project management policies and procedures and providing assistance to Portfolio Directors, other IT Supervisors, and Project Managers to ensure that these policies and procedures are followed. This position is accountable for ensuring that the Project Managers reporting to them successfully deliver on projects within the Portfolios that they support.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage and oversee the PMO methodology to ensure adhere and sufficiency. Proactively addresses process failures and unwarranted deviations.
• Direct, motivate, and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth, and their ability to function with their colleagues as a team.
• Manage portfolio and business client relationships to ensure their service expectations are developed and are being met.
• Support the Senior Director, Portfolio/Program/Project and Portfolio Directors to ensure a smooth workflow of demand into the project delivery cycle and the ultimate hand off to operations.
• Closely coordinate with other Project Delivery Supervisors to ensure that active projects and demand expectations are communicated across all of the Portfolios to assure project commitments are known and communicated.
• Coach and direct Project Managers (Ameren and consultants) in the execution, tracking and reporting of project status, and adhering to the PMO methodology and internal audit requirements.
• Drive PMO methodology and processes to improve project delivery.
• Actively champion the PMO methodology throughout the organization.
• Stay current in the areas project management tools and additional methodologies.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably majoring in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent computer or applicable business-related major is required. A Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile Certified Professional (ACP) Certification is preferred, but required within the first year of employment. Five or more years of successfully leading large complex projects using a standard project methodology, including schedule and risk management, developing project recovery plans, revising project budgets and forecasts as required. Supervisory experience preferred. Experience successfully running agile projects preferred. ITIL Foundations preferred. Service Design and Service Transition preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
Project Management Methodology. Technical Scheduling. Technical Reporting. System Development Life Cycle. Project Recovery and Review. Project Budgeting and Finance Management. Contract Management.
The Supervisor of Project Management Delivery works a standard work week in an office environment, but may also need to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations. May also be required to carry a cell phone to provide the required system support (includes 24x7x365).
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates