You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Supervise Long-Term Outage Coordination Group (LTOG) to ensure reliable system operation and efficient markets in New England and the Northeast.
- Refine necessary business practices, and operating procedures that clearly and concisely document the outage coordination process
- Update necessary business practices, and operating procedures that support the Forward Capacity Market monthly bi-lateral and reconfiguration auctions
- Ensure all departmental functions follow prescribed processes to maintain NPCC and NERC compliance
- Ensure departmental compliance with the tenets of the TOA including economic repositioning, after the fact analysis of the ISOs performance in the outage coordination area and, all applicable reporting
- Successful implementation of new software applications including providing necessary project management and interfacing with IT
- Assist Staff in analyzing and approving/denying long-term transmission/generation outage requests especially in the area of coordination with GOs, TOs and LCCs
- Coordinate the integration of the new transmission and generation facilities in New England
- Provide support as necessary to the STOG and the Market Administration Staff
- Ensure all departmental/corporate goals are attained
- Continue to work with TOs and LCCs to refine performance measurements
- Support the implementation of changes to Operational activities in the rapidly changing environment of FERC deregulation and the implementation of various stakeholder initiatives
- Gather, verify, organize, detail and display information relating to outage coordination, generation and transmission outages, to internal, regional and national groups
- Plan and manage the activities of the LTOG staff
- Organize, delegate and follow-up with LTOG Staff on various tasks as assigned by the Manager
- Develop employee goals and conduct performance reviews of LTOG Staff
- Assist in developing departmental budgets
- Ensure all training requirements are met
- Represent LTOG at various ISO Senior Staff, NEPOOL Participants and National level meetings
- Support and manage activities of the Nuclear & System Reliability Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering or related engineering field from an accredited college or university or ten-year minimum equivalent industry experience. Masters in Engineering or an MBA preferred
- 10 -15 years related industry experience
- Minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience and demonstrated sound reasoning and decision-making abilities
- Understanding of key operational functionality within the electric utility industry including the outage coordination process
- Demonstration of strong leadership qualities, including sound reasoning and decision making skills
- Experience with requirements in meeting operations compliance audits
- Demonstrated ability to manage groups of stakeholders/Committees with potentially very diverse interests, and forge consensus
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- NERC Certified System Operator desired but not required
Desirable but not required:
- Experience with managing projects in an operating environment
- Professional Engineers license
Understanding of the following:
- Basic IT support ability as it relates to Operational applications
- Wholesale electricity markets as they relate to Operations
- ISO Operational Systems and Processes and NEPOOL Operating Procedures
- Detailed understanding of various FERC Orders regarding Transmission Operations, Services and Markets
- Understanding of the function and interrelationship of ISO Operations software tools
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.