Supervisor/Manager – Load Forecasting
Little Rock, AR, USA
Market Operations Support / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Supervisor/Manager of Load Forecasting develops, presents and defends the organization's Long-Term Load Forecasts; also oversees and coordinates the development and the analytics of the organization's Short-Term Load Forecast/Market Operations forecast for use in the daily markets. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
- Manages and coordinates the Short-Term Forecasts (hourly) for AECC's Power Market Operators to use in accurately procuring AECC's energy in the markets.
- Manages and coordinates the Long-Term Forecasts for AECC and its distribution cooperatives by using econometric modeling in accordance to Rural Utilities Service's (RUS) guidelines.
- Manages and coordinates AECC's Appliance Saturation Survey as mandated by RUS.
- Manages and coordinates error analysis of internal Short-Term Load Forecasts and implementation of external (Steel Mill or other erratic load) load forecasts. Manages the determination of cost of errors to AECC's members and recommends improvements.
- Manages and coordinates an annual Demand Response Survey that evaluates the peak shaving efforts of AECC's distribution cooperatives for incorporation into load forecasts and reporting to the appropriate regulatory entities.
- Manages and coordinates demand and energy forecasts by balancing authority for reporting and planning requirements.
- Obtains and maintains accurate economic, demographic, and hourly metering load data for use in various studies conducted by the Manager and other AECC personnel.
- Coordinates various external reports on behalf of AECC and its member cooperatives as mandated by RUS, APSC, MISO, SPP, and other governmental entities.
- Manages and coordinates numerous load forecasting related internal reports for AECC.
- Develops and coordinates various methodologies whereas the Long Term or Short-Term Forecasts may be adjusted to different departments, distribution cooperatives, and consultant's needs.
- Manages and evaluates the use of various statistical packages on the market that may improve the Long and Short-Term Forecasts.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or related field
- Mastery of statistical software, such as SAS.
Minimum Experience Required
- Supervisor: at least 3-5 years total related experience.
- Manager: at least 8 years total related experience, including 5 years’ management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com/career
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.