SUPERVISOR OF RELIABILITY ASSESSMENTS AND MEMBER SUPPORT
Position Location: Tampa, FL
Travel Required: Yes, approximately 20%*
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Planning
Direct Reports: 3
This unique position provides an exciting opportunity to work with multiple utility systems across Florida and lead the coordination of combined planning models, studies, and regulatory assessments to ensure Florida systems are planned and modified in a reliable manner.
The overarching responsibility of the Supervisor of Reliability Assessments and Member Support is to support the FRCC membership in ensuring that the FRCC Bulk Electric System (BES) is planned in a reliable manner in accordance with NERC Reliability Standards and FRCC policies and procedures. The FRCC Supervisor of Reliability Assessments and Member Support has primary responsibility for supporting the FRCC Planning Committee’s (PC) activities and implementing the committee’s directions. This position also has responsibility for timely completion of FRCC, Florida Public Service Commission, SERC, and NERC reliability and resource adequacy assessments to demonstrate the overall reliability and resilience of the FRCC BES. This position also has responsibility for coordinating primary representation for FRCC at SERC and NERC on behalf of the FRCC membership.
The Supervisor of Reliability Assessments and Member Support leads a team of three that implement the key planning and assessment activities which include processes that support demonstrable compliance of the FRCC Planning Authority (PA) function as well as other member registered functions.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provides leadership, coordination, and facilitation of FRCC PC activities and processes including oversight of committee schedule, agendas, and meeting minutes. This also includes providing committee updates on FRCC, SERC, and NERC activities, as requested.
• Oversees performance of various reliability and adequacy assessment processes and deliverables and ensures development and delivery of reports, data submittals, and narrative submittals in a timely manner.
• Leverages tools and results from the FRCC Regional Transmission Planning Process to develop long range reliability assessments, seasonal assessments, and probabilistic assessments.
• With PC direction, provides leadership for representation of FRCC interests at SERC Sub-regional
Reliability Assessment, NERC Reliability Assessment and Performance Analysis, and inter-regional
• Provides oversight of the FRCC Operations Planning Coordinator functional activities and processes
including oversight of base power flow model development used for weekly, monthly, and seasonal
operational studies as well as models for seasonal transmission planning studies.
• Provides leadership for the FRCC Load and Resource Database tools and processes.
• Support ongoing and demonstrable compliance of the FRCC PA function to assigned Reliability
Standards applicable to the FRCC PA including serving as a Subject Matter Expert.
• Supports the development and monitoring of an annual FRCC Planning Committee Technical
• Follows secure data handling practices, including all security related policies and procedures.
Completes all assigned security training. Reports all observed security incidents and suspicious
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• Ten (10) or more years’ experience in electric power system operation and/or planning or
• Experience managing, coordinating, and working in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to perform and direct work on multiple projects
• Creative with a focus on attention to detail for timely and accurate completion of efficient solutions
to technical challenges.
• Proficient in powerflow transmission planning modeling applications.
• Skilled in Python/VBA programming preferred.
• Ability to support, lead and build consensus across stakeholder teams in a professional manner.
• Ability to represent membership interests across various industry groups and forums in a professional
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
Travel for this position is anticipated to be approximately 20% but may vary.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please forward cover letter and resume to the following (no calls please):
3000 Bayport Drive, suite 600
Tampa FL 33607
** Drug Screening and complete background check will be completed prior to employment