PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Supervisor, Sales Support leads a team that is primarily responsible for the Pre-Deal sales process that support the Sales function. The Supervisor is responsible for driving a focus on meeting or exceeding the customer and sales team expectations. This team is the primary liaison for other functional groups such as Supply, Credit, Contracts, and various other Operational teams.
The supervisor will train and oversee all processes of the support team including but not limited to, systems training, customer set up, and pricing. He/she will be responsible for staffing open positions, developing talent, and coordinating schedules. This position will also be responsible for process improvement projects, implementing solutions, monitoring and developing team metrics, system enhancement, testing projects, and assisting in implementation of new markets and products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Provide effective leadership as a role model, mentor, coach, and leader for the team. Provide professional and personal development opportunities to staff. Encourage personal career development goals.
· Owns accuracy and integrity of customer data in various systems. Maintains data accuracy on any changes in customer data in which the BDS team owns.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining account hierarchy within the system of record as well as creating various pricing scenarios to support transactions.
· Identify and respond to Request for Proposals (RFP’s), including coordinating with cross functional teams as needed.
· Responsible for training team members and/or contractors as required on both systems and processes.
· Solves problems that arise in any segment of the sales pipeline from suspect identification through invoicing including Credit, Contracts, Legal and other issues and serves as an escalation point for the Sales and Sales Support team.
· The Sales Support Supervisor will need to possess the skills to serve as a backup for individuals that are out for vacation, sick, or travel.
· Provide support and assistance when investigating and solving any customer issues including invoicing and pricing. Comfortable working through unique deals, and requests, determining the best process to accommodate these unique deals in legacy systems.
· Provide testing assistance when there are changes to systems and applications.
· Work in partnership with Account Management leadership to ensure seamless work between AM and BDS.
· Serve as an escalation point providing sound judgment to the BDS team as needed.
· Provide leadership and direction on projects related to system or process changes that affect the Sales Support organization.
· Bachelor's Degree in business related field of study or equivalent experience
· A minimum of 7 years of business experience, preferably in gas or power operations, account management or sales; Proven knowledge of business principles and practices.
· A minimum of 3 - 5 years in an industry related role.
· Proven knowledge of sales, operations and related business practices.
· Ability to successfully complete business process and system changes within team environment.
· Comfortable working independently and taking initiative with little supervision, as well as working well on a team.
· Comfortable making decisions independently.
· Ability to manage several different tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information at all times
· All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English.
· Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and the Internet.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor