Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General knowledge of office procedures. Must have good communication skills. Should be proficient in PC applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in SQL programming and Crystal Reports is desirable. Training will be provided as necessary for any software applications student is not skilled in.
* Take inventory material covered under existing blanket contracts, and convert items into a purchase order.
* Create purchase orders for Vendor Managed Inventory contracts (VMI’s).
* Assist with the coordination and reconciliation of the monthly procurement card bank statements
* File purchase orders, copying contracts and special projects, as needed.
* Various purchasing responsibilities
* Review BQQ’s (bidder qualification questionnaires)
* Perform vendor ref erence checks and pre-bid openings
* Create change requests
* Other duties as applicable to the position
* Normal office conditions. Travel to plant site or other field locations may be required.
High school diploma and status as college student.
Must be currently attending school during the term of the position in order to qualify.