Two (2) years of experience as a certified Surveyor in Training (SIT).
Licenses or Certifications:
Must be a Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS) in good standing with the Texas Board of Professional Land Surveying (TPBLS); or have the ability to become licensed within six (6) months.
This position will work as an integral part of the Austin Energy Public Involvement and Real Estate Services business unit performing land surveying in adherence to established principles and practices , assists in planning, coordinating and directing surveying activities for the city in regards to electric distribution, transmission, and substation CIP and related easements , acquisitions , and construction activities.
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment.
Resumes will not be accepted. Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application.
The responses to the supplemental questions should reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you have any questions regarding your City of Austin employment application, please use the official website of the City of Austin as reference. www.austintexas.gov
Candidates selected for interview(s) may be required to complete an assessment(s) approved by Municipal Civil Service process, Rule 4.
Written and/or field assessments, may be administered before, during and/or after the hiring process.
GOOD STANDING COA EMPLOYEES:
Employees, in Good Standing, who are candidates within the department/division that the position resides in and who meet the minimum and preferred qualifications (if any) of the position will be included in the initial interview. Department/division employee must remain in Good Standing through the Top Candidate Selection phase at which time the Good Standing status will be re-verified.
VETERAN INTERVIEW PREFERENCE:
Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 verifying honorable discharge, at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
This position may travel between various locations as part of the regular job duties.
This position is categorized as Non-Essential Personnel.
Shift may change according to departmental needs. Additional hours may be required to work outside of regular schedule.
This position may work a flex schedule with departmental approval.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK:
The top candidate will be subject to a minimum 10 year criminal history background check.
Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
Exempt Employees: Exempt employees are salaried employees and, except as provided, are not eligible for overtime compensation.
Non-exempt employees will be compensated for any additional hours worked when such compensation is required by law.
CLOSING OF REQUISITION:
Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement.
$29.25 – $39.85Hours
Monday – Friday
8am – 5pm
1. Two (2) years or more serving with an active registered Professional Land Surveyor license in good standing with the Texas Board of Professional Land Surveying.
2. Three (3) years experience as a licensed RPLS working on electric utility infrastructure projects.
3. One (1) year experience and specific work in transmission construction calculations and transmission construction staking.
4. Extensive experience with AutoCAD and Microsurvey software programs.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Performs land surveys on behalf of the City.
2. Certifies and seals survey documents.
3. Analyzes and reviews data gathered by field crews to ensure completeness and accuracy of survey information.
4. Uses survey data to generate coordinate files for use in determining property lines, benchmarks, topographical features, cross-sections, field notes, quantities of materials used, and metes and bounds descriptions.
5. Prepares scale drawings and plans for various construction projects, rights-of-way, easements, or boundary line determinations.
6. Prepares and reviews easements, property descriptions, plans, ordinances, and agreements.
7. Researches City ownership, right-of-way, and other property issues.
8. Creates maps showing survey and topographic information.
9. Leads survey workgroup activities on behalf of the City.
10. May train others.
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.