Coordinates and operates SECI's generating resources and transmission facilities to ensure reliable and economic energy delivery to its member cooperatives while supporting the integrity of Florida's power grid in accordance with federal and regional standards.
* NERC, FRCC and NAESB standards, practices and procedures and FERC Standards of Conduct
* Electric Power Principles and Components
* Interconnected Power System Operations
* System Protection
* Transmission Operation and Equipment Principles
* Balancing & Interchange Functions
* Power System monitoring and Control
* Economic Dispatch Principles
* Energy Accounting Functions
* Planning and Organizing
* Detail Oriented
* Time management
* Emergency Decision-making
* Problem solving
Bachelor's of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Technology or related area. Three years of experience in steam / electric power production, high voltage transmission operation or power system operations, with experience performing duties as a Balancing, Interchange and Transmission Operator, or one year of experience as an Associate System Coordinator with Seminole Electric Cooperative Incorporated and successful completion of Associate System Coordinator training program. Two years of similar experience may substituted for each year of education. NERC System Operator certification at the Balancing, Interchange, and Transmission Operator (BIT) level or higher.
* Complies with all NERC reliability standards applicable to System Operations
* Acts in compliance with Operating Instructions from the FRCC Reliability coordinator.
* Acts personally, and directs the actions of others, in taking actions necessary in emergency conditions to maintain the security of the interconnected grid and Seminole facilities. Such action may include interruption of firm customer loads.
* Acts in compliance with FERC Standards of Conduct
* Operates EMS supervisory control and data acquisition system to monitor and control power system equipment.
* Contributes in the development and implementation of training for System Coordinator positions.
* Provides work direction to junior team members while fostering an atmosphere of continuous improvement
* Submits preliminary reports on system disturbances to FRCC, NERC and DOE in accordance with reporting requirements.