Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Provides visionary and strategic leadership while directing development of electric distribution system capacity guidelines and project plans for Xcel Energy's multi state operating area. Accountable for attainment of corporate and business unit goals and objectives. Responsible for compliance with NESC and all other applicable codes and regulations. Direct the analysis of system growth & utilization data and recommend changes to Asset Director and Service Providers that improve the utilization performance of the electric distribution system/assets. Influence decisions that balance operational performance with financial performance and against risk management, while improving customer satisfaction. Directs the development and structure of processes that provide for the consistent application of asset utilization activities to meet internal and regulatory requirements that govern the utilization of electric distribution assets.
- Accountable for establishing distribution and substation capacity programs (projects) and utilization strategies with particular emphasis on capacity planning, reporting, benchmarking, and improvement. Guidelines are continuously developed, revised, and maintained to take advantage of evolving methods and technology. Accountable for the development of the future year(s) electric capital work on assets and budget. Manage highly skilled technical group with responsibility for system utilization directives. Prepare and manage business plans and budgets for Capacity Planning.
- Establish and champion the Unit's business plan, goals, and objectives in line with corporate and business unit strategic goals and initiatives. Provide strategic direction for all functions of System Utilization. Comply with regulatory procedural requirements. Develop and maintain 5 year capacity plans. Manage current year capital programs status/ deviation reports analysis, deviation effects on expected results and recommendations on related work change.
- Develop leadership, select and retain a multi-functional, diversified, well trained, motivated, and empowered workforce. Model innovative approaches. Promote employee involvement in continuous learning, career planning, and enhancing job/industry knowledge and skills. Promote professional registration for engineers.
- Responsible for effective, efficient, and competitive utilization of assets with emphasis on safety, cost, and customer satisfaction. Develop and maintain utilization targets, load forecasts with temperature considerations, and future system voltage standardization strategies.
- Establish effective working relationships with Transmission Reliability Assessment, related business units and field operations to maximize efficiency, responsiveness, and work on asset requirements.
- Establish consistent and effective standard service levels focused on large load customers) working closely with Marketing-Sales and Rates-Regulation. Support territory exchange evaluation ensuring through analysis of business value and asset use.
- Utilizes committees, teams, and subject matter experts (as appropriate) to develop comprehensive and cost effective Utilization guidelines and secure maximum cooperation and buy-in from Field operations. Responsible for system perpetuity planning.
- Provide representation in industry groups and organizations.
- Bachelors Degree in Electric Engineering
- 10 years experience in delivery system engineering or equivalent which includes prior management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution and substation capacity planning, system design, operation, equipment, and construction, including system protection
- Professional engineering registration
- Preferred previous distribution planning experience
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 59393:Syst Plan & Strat South || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19141
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org