Provides support for application software, operating systems, computer hardware and associated networks for the 24 x 7 operation of specialized computer systems in a leading electric transmission company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES Associate II and Intermediate
- Performs operating system installations and administration.
- Monitors system stability and performance.
- Performs operating system tuning/optimization.
- Performs periodic maintenance, debugs and repairs user and client systems software and hardware (physical and virtual).
- Performs the management, configuration and testing of hardware and software in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Implements software changes and patches, working with software vendors and contractors, as required.
- Performs hardware changes and repairs, working with hardware vendors and contractors, as required.
- Supports malware, anti-virus and other security facilities.
- Participates in the team rotation of 24/7 support to troubleshoot and resolve critical hardware and software issues by working with customers, contractors and system vendors, as required.
REQUIREMENTS Associate II
- Provides support for proprietary database changes and post processing.
- Communicates with managers and user groups to provide status updates, input and alternatives for processes, security considerations and infrastructure impacts and requirements.
- Assists in the improvement of departmental standards, naming conventions, protocols, procedures, guidelines and test plans for systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Information Systems with a minimum of one (1) year of professional application administration experience, including experience in targeted high availability environments, as identified in job posting supplement below, or relevant, equivalent experience and/or education.
Associate II and Intermediate
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Information Systems with a minimum of three (3) years of professional application administration experience, including experience in targeted high availability environments, as identified in job posting supplement below, or relevant, equivalent experience and/or education.
- Must possess sound analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Functional knowledge of application/system administration facilities, as identified in job posting supplement.
- Functional knowledge of computer operating systems used in targeted environment, as identified in job posting supplement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
Supplement: Additional Responsibilities andQualifications for Job Posting IT Services:
Environment: Windows7 or higher; Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
Tools: Windows Server UpdateServices (WSUS), Active Directory, Domain Name Services (DNS), SymantecEndpoint ProtectionApplications: SharePoint;Exchange; NearPoint; VMWare; Skype for Business, Office 365, Citrix
Infrastructure: Windows 2008 R2, 2012R2 and 2016; VMWare (ESXi), Cisco UCS, EMS VNX and VMAX, EMC Avamar and DataDomain
Databases: SQL,Exchange Information Stores
Compliance: Provides infrastructure supportfor the corporate security programs and complies with all relevant regulationsassociated with NERC Critical
InfrastructureProtection (CIP) and Sarbanes Oxley