Location(s): CO - Golden; MN - St Paul
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Xcel Energy has an opening at either the St Paul, MN or Golden, CO office for a Gas SCADA Systems Analyst position. This position will provide application and operational support for the Aveva (formerly Schneider Electric) OASyS Gas SCADA product implementation. As part of the application support team, the successful candidate will provide long-term application support including enhancements, operational stability, and recurring software patching.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
• Steady state support of mission critical Gas SCADA application
• Network / communications production incident and problem management support
• HMI display development and maintenance support
• Application and interface log monitoring and triage of issues.
• Application reporting.
• Application production incident and problem management support
• Collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
Supports and maintains mission-critical information technology business solutions in a collaborative environment. Provides technical and functional support of solutions and collaborates with business unit managers to identify and resolve gaps in steady state business capability enablement.
• Supports and maintains OASyS application and associated hardware and develops enhancement solutions for Business Unit technologies.
• Identifies gaps in steady state configuration and procedures and collaborates to resolve in conjunction with business unit and other support team members. Presents system level solutions.
• Provides support and maintenance for critical business applications.
• Engages as contributor to broader, enterprise-wide working groups related to common technology platforms (e.g., network, communications routing and circuits, firewall rules, etc)
• Analyzes, plans, designs, develops, tests, implements, supports, and maintains information systems solutions using client server, n-tiered and web-based technology. Ensures that enhancements installed are effectively adding value to the business area.
• Provides technical guidance and mentorship to development staff in conjunction with business area software products and instructs developers on technical decision points.
• Keeps abreast of technology, industry and business trends to ensure that appropriate technologies are being considered in the planning process that meet organizational requirements.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree in Management, Information Systems, or Computer Science (6 years related experience may substitute for the degree)
• 5 years of enterprise wide system implementation related maintenance or development experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• In-depth knowledge of development technology as well as industry's business and operational software
• In-depth understanding of how Information technologies can be used and applied to the business unit
• Ability to understand changes in technology in detail, and determine how best to source technology to meet the client’s needs
• Ability to understand business processes and coordinate with other developers in system support and enhancement
• Computer Science or Engineering Degree.
• 5+ years’ experience in the operation and development of SCADA or control systems.
• Experience with converged infrastructure environment is a plus
• Experience with the following technologies:
◦Visual Studio 2008-2013
◦Windows Server 2012 or 2016
◦Windows-based HMI / SCADA systems
• Prior experience in the utility industry is a plus.
• Prior experience with gas business area is a plus.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Golden || CO - Golden; MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Shared Services-Business Suppt || 75020:IT Account Mngmt - Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18563
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org