Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Plans, coordinates, implements and delivers information technology business solutions in a fast-paced environment. Provides technical coordination with fellow developers in accordance with business unit IT objectives. Provides tactical input to business unit management regarding systems development. Consults with business unit managers to identify requirements and coordinates with technical staff to fulfill those requirements.
Required For Systems Analyst
- Supports, maintains and develops installation and rollout plans for Business Unit technologies and ensures plans are met. Interacts with clients to determine business requirements and project objectives. Identifies gaps and resolves. Presents system level solutions.
- Works with users to determine requirements of mission-critical systems. Provides support and maintenance for critical and non-critical business applications. Guides team members and monitors budgets and expenditures.
- Analyzes, plans, designs, develops, tests, implements, supports, and maintains information systems solutions using client server, n-tiered and web-based technology. Ensures that projects installed are effectively adding value to the business area.
- Provides technical guidance to development staff in conjunction with business area software products and instructs developers on technical decision points.
- Keep abreast of technology, industry and business trends to ensure that appropriate technologies are being considered in the planning process that meet organizational requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Information Systems, or Computer Science (6 years related experience may substitute for the degree)
- 5 years of enterprise wide system implementation related maintenance or development experience
- In-depth knowledge of development technology as well as industry's business and operational software
- In-depth understanding of how all Information technologies can be used and applied to the business unit
- Ability to understand changes in technology in detail, and determine how best to source technology to meet the clients needs
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented technology and implementation techniques Ability to understand business processes and coordinate with other developers in system deployment
- Ensures that all technology projects are prioritized and properly planned within the business unit, and that all relevant factors and issues have been considered and resolved
Required For Sr. Systems Analyst
- Bachelor Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science required
- Microsoft Certified Developer or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer desired.
- 7-10 years of enterprise wide system implementation related development experiences required. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- 2-3 years of support or development team leadership preferred
- In-depth knowledge of development technology as well as industry’s business and operational software. In-depth understanding of how all Information technologies can be used and applied to the business unit
- Ability to understand changes in technology in detail, and determine how best to source technology to meet the clients needs. Mastery of object-oriented technology and implementation techniques
- Ability to understand business processes and lead other developers in system deployment
- Bachelor's degree in Managment, Informations Systems, or Computer Science
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Experience in web development as well as distributed application development and maintenance
- Microsoft VB/.Net and Java experience
- Experince with ADMS
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 75020:IT Account Mngmt - Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18263
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org