Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Responsible for leading and coaching the Talent Acquisition (TA) team to deliver exceptional service, along with developing and executing TA tactics and strategies in alignment with company goals and strategies. Responsible for driving a positive candidate experience while creating a culture of continuous improvement and process adherence. Responsible for building and maintain relationships with hiring leaders, external recruiters, colleges, universities, tech schools, vendors and other internal and external partners.Essential Responsibilities
- Lead, coach, and develop an enterprise-wide Talent Acquisition team. Manage the team in their day-to-day operations while creating, establishing and executing on an overall recruiting strategy that is in alignment with short and long-term company goals and objectives. Develop and maintain a variety of relationships with internal and external partners to create a positive and consistent hiring experience and promote the company’s employment brand.
- Lead the TA team to ensure customer recruiting needs are met throughout the recruiting process including intake and planning, scheduling, sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing, and offer. Develop and train recruiters to source and recruit qualified, diverse and qualified candidates using various methods and tools including social media, career fairs, networking, college and university programs, community agencies, workforce centers, professional associations, workforce development programs and search firms.
- Partner and collaborate with other areas to meet the needs of the business throughout the recruiting process. Lead talent acquisition initiatives or related projects. Develop and maintain relationships with company leaders to influence the approach to requisition requirements and overall recruiting plans and strategies.
- Effectively attract, recruit, select, develop and retain TA employees. Manage employee performance through goal setting, feedback, accountability, and recognition. Communicate company and business area goals and objectives and align the team to those objectives. Establish and communicate clear performance metrics and expectations.
- Establish and continually monitor TA metrics, data, and trends including team performance metrics process effectiveness and ROI of various tools and sources. Maintain knowledge of best practices, regulations and effective recruiting practices. Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local legal requirements such as AA/EEO as well as others that emerge as regulations/laws change.
- Partner with local area educational institutions, workforce centers, diversity organizations, unions, and national organizations to participate in and/or develop programs to address specific workforce needs and create integrated talent pipelines.
- Participate and/or lead the evaluation, development, and implementation of talent acquisition processes, tools, and systems/technology in order to drive efficiency and maximize service delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of recruiting or related HR experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to maintain effective customer relationships.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative approach to building relationships.
- Management experience desired.
- Travel is required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 84245:Talent Acquisition || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19493
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org