Technical Products Engineer
Little Rock, AR, USA
Utility Sales & Services/ Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide utility construction and right of way services, material & supplies, electrical equipment and renewable energy resources power to the utility sector across the country.
A Technical Products Engineer provides professional technical and engineering expertise to members, customers and coworkers. This position assists inside and outside field sales force to improve brand, marketplace presence and demonstrates engineering expertise in the five-state sales territory, as well as, assists with sales coordination for key and other accounts, as required. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continue to strive to push AECI and its subsidiaries and our mission forward.
- Provides technical and engineering expertise to outside field sales representatives and inside sales coordinators. Promotes all product lines and services and supports all sales functions while maximizing revenues and margins. Supports inside and field sales representatives with engineered products.
- Assists Sales Manager and VP with strategic plans for sustaining existing manufacturers. Also, assists with cultivating new manufacturers and product lines.
- Promotes new and emerging electric utility technologies to member cooperatives and customers in AECIs five-state territory.
- Maintains knowledge of Eaton Power Systems products, apparatus and factory resources. Promotes, markets and sells Eaton Power agency items where authorized.
- Assists sales team in satisfactory problem resolution when engineering and/or technical expertise is required.
- Schedules at least two, joint sales call tours annually with each field sales representative.
- Schedules and fulfills recurring, independent customer sales and technical visitations (in all five states) with strategic and targeted topics with primary contacts being engineering, operations and purchasing department personnel.
- Assists AECI Safety & Loss Control Department with technical products and apparatus training for member systems.
- Assists members and customers with engineering and technical inquiries. May include work in substations and other field, or remote locations.
- Utilizes and maintains Outlook calendar for meetings, travel, appointments. Keeps Manager-Sales apprised of travel schedule.
- Submits sales results, customer discussions, trouble-shooting, outage information, etc., details in written summary report to be included in weekly report.
- May assist OK, LA, MS and MO statewide associations with technical training.
- Attends and participates in obligatory factory technical training sessions required by Eaton Power Systems and other manufacturers who require distributors to have technical or engineering support.
- The ability to handle necessary stress and work reasonably well with others are essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus 7 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional Engineer
- 3-5 years’ project management experience
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.