PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Technical Training Specialist balances time between training new and current employees on equipment and preparing them for work in the field. The Technical Training Specialist is responsible for creating and presenting training materials to both internal and external customers as determined by business needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with department manager to develop new training materials as needed to best serve customer needs and changes in product lines.
- Focus areas may include PPS Solar Academy, PPS preventative maintenance and fault analysis, and PPS first-level diagnostics and repair.
- Serves as the principal trainer during training events, with support from other departments as needed.
- Assists with scheduling of all company-sponsored training events, including in-house, regional, customer site, and special training events.
- Distributes and collects customer feedback surveys, and utilizes feedback to suggest improvements to future training materials and events.
- Reviews company policies regarding training events and makes recommendations to the management team when new policies, or changes to existing policies are needed.
- Examines existing training modalities and assists in the development of new modalities that could improve the effectiveness of the training function.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant area(electrical engineering) is required
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- At least 2 years of experience in a training role is required.
- Experience in electronics or a related technical field is preferred.
- This position requires some (10-20%) overnight travel.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Friendly and customer minded
- Enjoys working in a team
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Accustomed to making independent decisions/judgments about work priorities
- Ability to manage execution and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to manage details without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Working knowledge and proficiency with NFPA-70E-2012 and NEC-2011.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and other state and federal guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Ability to teach, mentor and lead. Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- This position requires some domestic travel and international travel (10-20%).
EXTENT OF RESPONSIBILITY Regional
REQUIRED LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY English