Location(s): CO - Grand Junction
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Temporary Utility Worker C at the following locations:
The starting rate of pay for this position is $23.16 hourly.
Assist a higher classification in all of gas and electric facilities including the use of hand operated tools, small engine driven and pneumatic equipment i.e., jack hammer, clay spade Hilit, tamper, etc. Assist a higher classification with the assembly and placement of gas and electric Distribution facilities. Perform handling and moving material and equipment in the field and shop i.e., obtaining material from Stores Dept., stocking trucks and shop. Assist a higher classification on all inside and outside leak survey, and any Gas or Electric patrols. Performs general housekeeping of vehicles, shop, job site, tools, and other equipment. Can complete other assignments as directed by a higher-level classification, and work alone to perform these functions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have passed the EEI Construction and Skilled Trades (CAST) selection test
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Must have, or obtain within six months of start date, a valid CDL and pass a DOT physical
- Physical abilities necessary for lifting, climbing, digging, working in tight areas, and working with specialized equipment and tools
- Must be able to lift 80 Pounds and work in all weather conditions
- Applicant is required to successfully pass the Xcel Energy screening requirements, which include a drug test and security clearance
- Exams that are required by federal regulations, such as OSHA and DOT, will be performed
- Class A CDL Permit
**NOTE: This position requires two assessments prior to being considered for an interview so please read the following instructions carefully:
Step 1 Application and Online Assessment:
1. Create a profile by applying for a position
2. Apply to the job posting
3. Should you meet the minimum qualifications, you may receive an invitation to complete an online assessment. Please follow the assessment instructions carefully and complete the online assessment within 72 hours.
Step 2 EEI Testing:
4. If your assessment results and application best meet the qualifications for the position, you will be invited to take the EEI Test via email.
5. Sign up for the test using the link in email invitation (open the attachment in order to access the sign up page).
6. After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email to take the test. You can prepare for the test using the study link below.
7. The test results will be sent via email within 2 weeks of completing the test.
8. The applications of successful candidates will be sent to the hiring leader for review.
To help increase chances for success on the EEI Test, we highly encourage candidates to review the practice EEI tests we have provided. These practice tests can be found at:
• Username: Xcel
• Password: Energy
For more information regarding EEI Testing please visit: http://www.xcelenergy.com/About_Us/Careers/Find_a_Job/EEI_Testing
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Grand Junction || CO - Grand Junction || United States (US) || Operations || 63640:Elec Ops GRJ PSC || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17106
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com