We are currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Transmission Design Civil Engineer in the Engineering Department. This position will report to the Manager of Transmission Design & Construction.
Position Summary: Routing, Design, and assistance in the administration of contracts and agreements for the construction of all CEPCI electric transmission projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine possible routes of new transmission lines with the use of aerial photography, field investigation, and evaluation using established industry standards and available GIS resource data.
- Generate plan & profile drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D from data provided by surveyors, and reviews survey data for accuracy.
- Work independently to design transmission lines using RUS and NESC standards and current internal policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Design transmission lines utilizing Power Lines Systems software suite including PLS-CADD, PLS POLE and CAISSON. Provide Structure analysis and loading trees. Prepare RUS Design Data specifications for all South Carolina wind and ice zones. Prepare stringing charts using Sag 10.
- Determine soil boring locations, solicit bids and evaluate soil boring logs for preparation of structure foundation designs using MFAD and Caisson. Design concrete anchor bolt and Vibratory Caisson foundations.
- Prepare structure framing drawings, crossing permit drawings, staking sheets, bill of materials and as built revisions. Prepare guy and anchor staking drawings.
- Have experience and understanding of all local, state and Federal codes related to transmission construction.
- Work with Transmission Providers and Planning Department to coordinate the construction of the Transmission Provider’s tap facilities required to serve Central deliveries.
- Compile the construction contract that is used for the contractor bidding process. Material take-off and ordering for the construction of new transmission lines.
- Prepare and submit transmission line, road, and railroad crossing permits. Assist in the supervision of field construction and assessment of existing lines as required.
- Meet the requirements for a Storm Water Pollution Protection Plan (SWPPP) inspector.
Create and provide maps, drawings, digital data required from other internal departments, Member Cooperatives, and other related organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong organization and project management skills needed.
Must possess progressive training levels in AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D, PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, MFAD, Caisson and Sag 10.
Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
Essential to be able to visit job sites and walk through and inspect the various sites.
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or Graduate degree in Civil Engineering required.
10-15 years prior experience desired.
P.E. License desired
Central Electric Power Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer.