The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history.
Resumes will not be accepted. Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application. Supplemental information or changes to your application will not be accepted after the job posting closes.
The responses to the supplemental questions should reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you have any questions regarding your City of Austin employment application, please use the official website of the City of Austin as reference. www.austintexas.gov
VETERAN INTERVIEW PREFERENCE:
Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 verifying honorable discharge, at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
This position is not eligible for work-related visa sponsorship. Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Work hours may include after hours, holidays, and weekends.
Additional hours may be required to work outside of regular schedule.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK:
The top candidate will be subject to a minimum 10 year criminal history background check.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
This position is classified as NON-EXEMPT.
CLOSING OF REQUISITION:
Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement.
Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pmJob Close Date
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Reviews utility usage, determines average consumption, verifies rates, investigates potential overcharges, and adjusts customer accounts.
2. Initiates and processes billing adjustments and account corrections in accordance with established procedures. Places accounts on hold, assesses late fees and charges, and refers customers to other organizations.
3. Reviews and recommends requirements for subdivision development, re-subdivision, and water and wastewater service extensions.
4. Evaluates site/lot plans, criteria, etc. for a variety of projects, programs, and activities.
5. Assists with all assigned utility projects from initiation to completion. Maintains, safeguards, and provides original documents of record.
6. Assists with preparing presentations for successful arguments that represent the utility in hearings, investigations, examinations, or other arenas where disputes are addressed.
7. Assists with developing, revising, and implementing procedures and processes to facilitate the provision of services to customers. Supports the department in development, maintenance, growth, and customer satisfaction.
8. Recruits customers and serves as a point of contact for utility programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.