Would you like a position helping provide the strategic direction and leadership to ensure continuous improvement of a progressive member-owned electric cooperative’s members’ satisfaction?
If so, you’ll be happy to know that CHELCO is accepting applications for a Vice President of Member Services. If selected, you would provide that strategic direction and leadership in the areas of member services, member credit and collections, marketing, communications, community relations, legislative activity, and economic development. For more details on specific positions, see Responsibilities and Authorities below.
CHELCO oversees 52,000-meter co-op primarily serving two counties from Alabama to the sugar-white Emerald Coast beaches on the Gulf of Mexico in the panhandle of Florida. The area offers outstanding recreational, cultural, and educational opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, or related business related field and a minimum of seven years of directly related experience in developing and implementing strategic communications programs, public relations, or government affairs.
- Must have at least five years in a management position and a demonstrated ability to lead and get results through others.
- Must have at least one year of experience working for an electric utility.
- Must reside within a 45-minute commute to the Cooperative’s main office in DeFuniak Springs.
- Will be expected to serve in at least two community groups and at least one trade ally organization in the area or in the region.
- Experience in legislative affairs and public relations, a plus.
- Strong awareness of new technology trends (particularly those related to utilities), preferred.
- Cooperative Communicator, preferred.
This exempt, executive level position requires travel within the cooperative territory and occasional travel outside of the area. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. If you are selected, we would like you to begin on or very shortly after March 1, 2019.
CHELCO proudly offers its employees medical, dental, vision, flexible savings or health Savings account, NRECA pension plan, 401k with company match, life insurance, short-term disability, education/professional development, wellness and safety program incentives, generous paid time off, volunteer time off, and ten paid holidays a year.
Applications accepted from 11/19/18 through 8:30 am 12/5/18. Apply at http://www.chelco.com/careers. Resumes and cover letters only with completed application. Questions? Call HR, 850-307-1127. Applicants selected for interview will be notified. Drug Free-EOE-M/F/Disability/Veteran
Specific Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Manages direct reports for Marketing, Communications, Member Services, and Credit Departments. Provides leadership and direction.
- Oversees economic development and legislative efforts, partnerships, and so forth for the cooperative.
- The position performs high-level writing, management of member services and programs and communications, public speaking, and public relations, community and legislative involvement. Must be able to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames.
- Oversees and coordinates the membership Annual Meeting per CHELCO’s Bylaws and Board of Directors.
- Represents the cooperative at public/community functions, at industry events, in civic, professional, and charitable organizations, and to the media. Exemplary interpersonal skills are essential. The successful candidate maintains relationships with local media, civic and professional organizations, elected officials, and maintains good customer relations with external and internal stakeholders.
- Resolves member-related issues that gets elevated to the executive level. This responsibility spans from spectrum from addressing concerns raised by upset members or the new media with legal issues and solving problems experienced by CHELCO’s key accounts.
- In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to work safely and maintain a safe work environment.