Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Energy’s Power Testing, Inspections, and Certification (TIC) group is seeking a Vice President of Sales & Operations to lead our KEMA-Powertest Laboratory, located in Chalfont, Pennsylvania. The Powertest lab is the largest high power electrical testing laboratory in the United States providing electrical power, dielectric and mechanical testing services to a variety of clients from government and industry. This position is based in our Chalfont, PA facility.
The VP of Sales & Operations will be responsible for assuming general operational management and commercial and operational leadership responsibility for the Chalfont Laboratory, Team, and associated service offerings.
Tasks may include
- Spearhead business development efforts throughout region North America, with an emphasis on cultivating new and existing customer engagement in the electric utility and OEM sectors
- Provide leadership to staff; drive and support a culture of excellence, execution, safety, and opportunity
- Collaborate with upper-level Power TIC management in the Netherlands to develop and execute North America commercial strategy; identify go-forward trends and opportunities for market share expansion and strategic partnerships
- Supervise, mentor, guide and conduct training of Test Engineers, Test Operators and Test Technicians in lab operations and interpretation of international and regional standards.
- Ensure highest levels of training of Test Engineers, Test Operators and Test Technicians in the safe and efficient use of lab equipment and in the execution of test procedures.
- Review & approve Customer Quotes for technical requirements, facility adequacy and Test Operations skills requirements.
- Supervise and assist when necessary in the development test programs by the Test Engineers. Assure all necessary requirements and conditions stipulated in the approved Quote and Purchase Order are incorporated in the test program.
- Monitor test program preparation and execution to ensure safety of the personnel and equipment utilized in conducting each test evolution. Provide technical direction to Test Operations personnel as necessary.
- Supervise the analysis of test results and test reports by the Test Engineers to assure all requirements of the KEMA Laboratories – Chalfont Quality Management programs are strictly adhered to.
- Support Heads of Sections in setting goals, coaching and counseling, providing developmental opportunities of Test Engineers, Test Operators and Test Technicians.
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards for electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Perform the duties of Head of Section for Test Engineers and Operators as operating conditions warrant.
- Support in identifying and communicating short term problems and long term development needs to Engineering and Maintenance.
What we're asking
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience in high voltage, utility scale electrical/mechanical equipment testing or related experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leading a highly technical business operation toward commercial growth, with a track record of meeting or exceeding revenue and profit targets
- Demonstrable customer-facing experience, building and growing commercially successful relationships required
- Prior experience with identifying opportunities for and executing mergers and acquisitions preferred
- Minimum 5 years supervisory or managerial experience of technical or engineering personnel
- Working knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards for electrical/mechanical equipment
- Demonstrated oral & written English communications skills
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- We conduct pre-hire background check and drug testing
This position requires an individual who can adapt to changing situations based on the quantity of work, the demands of customers and management. The position requires an individual who can devote the required amount of time to successfully accomplish the short and long term goals of the organization. The position is exempt from overtime however evening work and weekend work is to be expected.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately loud
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Company and Business Area Description
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.