You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Day to day support of internal and external web-based applications in a complex and demanding environment. The external web infrastructure includes on-going maintenance, support and development of web application services, message bus services, web services, and content management system on Linux platforms using Java, JMS, JSP, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Web Services, Hibernate, XML, XSLT, SQL, JQuery, Struts II, Perl.
This role includes 24/7 on-call support rotation (Paid).
- Troubleshoot technical web issues by identifying root causes and developing a plan for problem resolution
- Ability to identify and remediate software vulnerabilities in a timely manner
- Ability to adjust appropriately to shifting priorities and assignments is a must
- Utilize software development life cycle and manage production business processes to resolve software problems and improvements by writing user change requests and functional specifications
- Design, program, implement code, test, install and configure applications
- Learn ISO-NE business processes and adhere to ISO-NE software and change management and IT standards and policies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/electrical engineering is required. A Master’s degree is desirable
- Minimum of three (3) years of web-based software support with Java development experience is required
- Senior Computer Scientist level: five (5) to seven (7) years experience in programming in JAVA, and utility industry experience is a plus
- Demonstrate competency in system analysis and issue investigation and resolutions is required
- Technical tasks include web-based applications support and development on both Linux and Windows using (J2EE), JMS, JSP, SQL, JQuery, Struts II, ASP and Perl
- Experience in complex or large-scale web application projects or suppor
- Familiarity with CMS Architectuire and Design; experience with Alfrescro is a plus. CVS and git/bitbucket for code control and Eclipse IDE experience is desirable
- Use of ticket-based service desk system to manage open issues and assignments is desirable
- Familiarity with Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) ratings system is a plus
- Candidate must possess strong teamwork, interpersonal, customer service and problem solving skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.