Our projects range from telling our own stories – brand, product, etc., to telling stories about our customers around the world, and how they’re using our products in interesting ways. Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is looking for an individual who can use their creativity to develop web content for our website! Check out the post below and apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Write effective headlines, body copy, product descriptions, landing pages, and web content for a diverse set of webpages.
- Simplify and succinctly communicate complex ideas to create an optimized and user-friendly experience on all areas of the website.
- Work closely with subject matter experts, key stakeholders, and other content developers to create compelling web content.
- Write original content, including effective call-to-action statements and SEO content, for the SEL website and other digital communications platforms.
- Work collaboratively with web designers and developers to develop accessible and visually compelling webpages.
- Develop and strengthen SEL tone, voice, and brand philosophy across the website.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment, mentor others, and build strategic partnerships.
- Strategize ways to improve and track site performance and improve organic search results, and work with designers to enhance search engine ranking.
- B.S./B.A. in English, journalism, or related area or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of professional writing experience
- Proven work experience as a content writer, copywriter, or similar role
- Expertise in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent proofreading, writing, grammar, and communication skills
- Ability to learn and communicate technical/scientific information
- Strong documentation and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Experience editing/writing for high-tech, B2B, or engineering firms
- Ability to analyze and use market research to inform copy and content that is created for online environments, including websites, microsites, blogs, and social media channels.
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO and HTML
- Experience working in a content management system
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.